Code Of Conduct
Welcome to the TastyIgniter Community
One of our main goals, as an expanding community is to include as many contributors from various backgrounds and areas. We want every single member of the TastyIgniter community to get as much out of it as possible. Therefore, we don’t want to scare people off and want to make it a place where all people can co-exist regardless of religion, socio-economic status, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or gender.
Whether you are using the TastyIgniter forum, GitHub, Discord chat or an alternative means of communication outside of our community, this code of conduct is applicable.
Always exercise patience and have a friendly attitude
We aren’t always going to agree with one another. That doesn’t mean we should fight or forget the manners our moms and dads taught us. Don’t throw tantrums, just because you are frustrated at someone. It wouldn’t be a healthy community if there were members who felt unwelcome or threatened.
Always Be Considerate
Remember that as you use other’s work, they will use yours. Therefore, any decisions you make will impact colleagues and members, so always take the ramifications of those decisions into consideration when making them. TastyIgniter is a global community, so you may not always be communicating with individuals who speak the same language as you.
Make All Responses Count
Obviously, if you are participating in discussions, you are making effort and time to do so, in the hope other members will look at your suggestions and consider them. So, make the most of it.
- Don’t just reply to a title. Read the post properly and consider the conversation before responding.
- Don’t just add something so you feel included. Think about whether your comment will add to the discussion or not. If it won’t, hold fire on replying.
- Don't just reply with posts containing just one word to show you agree with another poster's comment or suggestion. You can use the "Like" button, amigo.
- Don't post numerous posts when you could put all your points and thoughts into one. Remember, it's not a chatroom.
- Will your comment swerve the discussion in a different direction? If so, maybe start a brand-new discussion of your very own?
- As TastyIgniter is an inclusive community, you need to make sure that responses your posts offer support and constructive feedback. Don’t shoot people down, no-one likes a show-off.
We want everything to be light and breezy, where possible, so you will find that smart comments and jokes are welcomed. However, the discussions need to be effective and productive too, so avoid disrupting discussions completely with unrelated wise-ass statements.
Choose your words very carefully
This is a professional community and we act in a professional manner. Always be kind and avoid putting down or insulting other users. We will not tolerate exclusionary behavior or harassment between users.
To be clear, we consider this type of behavior to include:
- Insults directed at other members, especially sexist and racist terms and phrases
- Posting material that is violent or sexually explicit
- The use of discriminatory language and jokes
- Directing violent language and threats at other people
- Try to understand why disagreements happen.
When we disagree, try to understand why.
Technical and social disagreements are commonplace in the world and within the TastyIgniter community we are not immune to these. Therefore, it is imperative that we constructively and productively resolve differing viewpoints and disagreements. We are all different and one of the biggest strengths of our community is the fact that we come from different backgrounds.
You can’t force people to have the same opinions as you, even if they are wrong. Remember that humans make errors. We can’t be a progressive community if we just end up pointing the finger at one another and passing blame. Always aim, rather, to help with the resolution of these issues and learn how to do things differently and better.
See a mistake? Edit this page