Google Places Autocomplete
Simply install the extension from the marketplace and add the component to the pages/layouts where you want autocomplete feature enabled.
To add a component: Design > Themes > (click the sheet under active child themes) > Select Pages/Layouts under Template (left dropdown), and the page where you want to add autocomplete. Now click on the big plus and select from the dropdown the Places Component.
Example: Add to Local layout the component to have autocomplete active across menu & checkout.
Note: There is NO need to add
@component('componentAlias') to the markup.
2) set API key in Places Settings
- improve performances biasing google places autocomplete with your restaurant location or with user GPS
- exploit caching mechanism to flatter your bill
- use a different API key to monitor usage and prevent abuse
- to customize further your design specify different HTML id where to trigger autocomplete
Supported languages: ENG/ITA
Basic: Settings > Places Settings
Advanced: Edit component properties